Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thank Heavens for Little Girls

First, let me introduce you to my newest little niece, Brooklyn Pearl Mitchie. She was born January 3, 2001, 19.5 inches long, and 7 lbs. 2 oz. This is her at five days old.


Isn't she beautiful? I love her.

Second, can I just tell you how fun 1 1/2 yr. olds are? This is a great age. LiLi can now say:
  • bye-bye
  • ball
  • bear
  • uh-oh (first word)
  • mama
  • dada
  • puppy
  • hi
  • thank you ("dank do")
  • whoa
  • baby
  • banana ("na-na")
  • apple
  • ho-ho-ho
  • no (her favorite word)
It's nice that she can communicate with more than just pointing, grunts, and crying. Although, it's a bit trying to hear "no" all day long. We have little conversations that go like this:

"Do you want to go with mommy?"
"No."
"Do you want me to put your shoe back on?"
"No!"
"...Do you want a spanking?"I tease, (she's never had a spanking in her whole life.)
"No."
"Are you sure?"
She's pensive for a moment. Closes her eyes, and shakes her pig-tailed head,
"...no."

LiLi seems to make up for telling me "no" with all of the cute things she does. She sings everywhere we go, and I mean everywhere. It's usually the tune to the "ABC's". She also dances to music. She's the best dancer I know.

Today we made Koolaid play dough. We used the pink lemonade flavor.





LiLi loves it. It was a lot of fun to make, it was cheap (the cost of a packet of Koolaid, $.20), doesn't stain your hands or clothes, and smells good. For the recipe check my cooking blog.

I'm also working on a little Valentine's Day Quiet book for her. (I live from holiday to holiday, can you tell? I always like to have something to look forward to.) Here's one of the pages:

I'll post the finished product. It will be nice to give LiLi something to keep her entertained at Doctor's visits, church, etc.

6 comments:

  1. You are so crafty-I love it! LiLi is just adorable. I love the pictures of Brooklyn, she is too precious! She's the exact size Mason was when he was born, 19 1/2 inches 7lbs. 2 oz. He was so little, it's hard to remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh was Sadie's first word too! I love Kool-aid playdough! It is the best. Lili is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kool-aid huh? That definitely puts a spin on homemade play dough for me. I always remember it being nasty tasting and it didn't smell that great either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Li-LI Bug,
    You are as cute and squishy as Pink Lemonade play dough . . . But sometimes you don't smell that good. Where is your other ponytail? You have the best-est mommy in the whole wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LiLi is so adorable! Erin, you are very cleaver, creative, and crafty... and an amazing cook. I'm not going to lie, WHEN you and Don come visit, we'll treat you to dinner most nights... but one night, you'll HAVE to cook. :) I miss those occasional dinners at the Brady's. Not as much as we miss you guys though. (Okay, so the cooking topic was kind of random, I just got to thinking about all your amazing talents and went off on a tangent)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful adventure you and Lili are on. Both sailing down the stream of life on the good ship "Lollipop." Around each bend is a marvelous discovery. The voyage has only begun.

    ReplyDelete