Thursday, April 8, 2010

Babyhood and the Traveling Pants

Considering how long it's been since I last posted, and the numerous events that have occurred in between: Easter, St. Patrick's Day, our trip to Denver, CO, Galen going to prom, etc. You think that I'd post about some of that. But, no. For some reason it goes against the grain for me to write about really important things like that if I don't do it right away. Unfortunately, as a blogger, I write on a whim. And all of my whims to write about those things have passed. I waved to them as they went by. So, if you're wondering about the last time I had a family function, you'll probably have to read my journal. Scratch that, I write on this more than I write in my journal. You might not be able to find anything about it at all. I'm not sure why this is the case. It's just the way I am. Anyone can post about holidays and family reunions. Pity my poor kids. Instead of recording and documenting wonderful things like Easter I'll be documenting things like this:

LiLi has this fascinating phenomenon of traveling and scooting out of her pants. I find them in the oddest places. It's like tracking an animal. Instead of looking for prints, or broken bushes, I just look for the pants and know she can't be far away.
The question as to why she sheds them is easily answered: they get in the way, and she's a busy girl. LiLi doesn't exactly crawl yet. She sort of army crawls/scoots. It's how I would imagine a human canoe moves. She paddles with her arms, and pushes with her toes. It's the darnedest thing. Don is worried that she'll never crawl like a "normal baby", and gives her daily lectures on how if she learned how to crawl properly, she would be able to get around faster. That's the last thing I need. If she crawled like other babies, she not only would be into all of the drawers in the house, like she already is, but I wouldn't be able to stop her. That and her pants would stay on. Then I wouldn't be able to post baby pictures like this. With cute, chunky legs like hers, who needs pants?? It's just so cute! I love it. It's one of the simple pleasures of my existence.

Some day I know she'll be absolutely mortified that I posted this on the world wide web. Some day I might feel guilty about it. But that will probably coincide with the day that she'll do something equally as embarrassing to me, like saying a prayer at Primary asking for Mommy to be nice to Daddy. This is for that day. Until then, I'll work on posting about holidays.

6 comments:

  1. Too cute! I think that losing her pants is as equally important and trivial things like holidays....I fear what my children may say in primary...I've heard what other kids are saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post honey-buttons. That sure is one cute snooker-bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little munchkin, with her pants down and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dare you try to cover up that chuncky goodness that is her adorable legs... if you got it flaunt it!! Just make sure the trend doesn't continue in her teens :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lili-BEE! Oh my goodness. We better be careful when we let her hang out with Aubrey and Maddi... they'll take her skinny-dipping in Shopping-mall fountains in search for all the coins. ;)

    ReplyDelete