Sunday, February 7, 2010

Two Half-Pints


I have very few pictures of LiLi and I, so I decided to have Don take some. I edited, and I think they turned out. We're two peas in a pod, she and I. Or as Ashley likes to say, "two half-pints".



People used to try and explain to me what being a parent was like. My favorite analogy is from Aubrey, "It's like having your heart in another person. You just don't realize how much you can love someone." I remember the first time I heard LiLi's hurt cry. It was high pitched, shrill, and went through my entire body like a bolt of lightening. No, I had no idea what motherhood would be like.

7 comments:

  1. you're beautiful! and so is she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cuttie, and I love love love your header picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look! Its half-pint senior, and half-pint junior! So cute. That is probably the best descriptions of parenthood I've ever heard. You are so lucky to have such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. What a reason to smile:
    Woody-Bee and Li-Li-Bee ...is Don a Honey-bee, Carpenter-bee or Bumble-bee? I'm curios to hear how you feel about this...
    The Header picture is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don bumbles quite a bit, so I'd consider him a Bumble-bee most of the time, and a Honey-bee when he's being especially sweet.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn I was voting for the Carpenter-bee, because he's such a handyman with a lot of tools... or maybe he's a Worker-bee, and you are the Queen-bee... I'm just glad neither of you are wasps cause then I would have to squish you with my pink fly-swatter... okay I'll stop now. ;)

    ReplyDelete