Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus Must LIke Robots

Today was my first day back in Primary. There was a darling elderly lady who looked like the grandma that everybody would want who did a spotlight on one of the kids.
"Try to guess who this person is," she challenged. "This person's favorite song is, I Am A Child of God..."
There were several murmurs from the Primary children as the popular song was announced. The first clue didn't really shed any light on the mystery person.
"This person has dark hair and dark eyes..." People started scanning the room. The next clue narrowed the field down a bit more.
"This person's favorite place is Denver, Colorado."
"Oh! That's my favorite place!!" A boy around five or six on the second row back announced.
"It is?" The woman asked with her eyes sparkling, "and what is your favorite thing to do in Denver?"
"Visit my grandparents!"
"Oh! That's this persons favorite thing, too!"
"Really?"
"Yes. And do you know what else?"
"What??"
"This person likes robots."
"I like robots!"
"And this person likes purple!"
"I LIKE PURPLE!" the boy said jumping out of his seat with his hand straight up in the air.
"Do you know who this person could be?" The she inquired, speaking directly to him.
He didn't miss a beat,
"Jesus!"
I was pretty sure our bishopric member was going to fall out of his chair from laughing so hard, and I was seeing tears. I'm glad I'm back in Primary.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't Primary awesome? I'm glad I play the piano so I can sit there and hide my face when I am laughing at the kids. This Sunday they asked if anyone knew what happened on Thursday. "Winter!" one kid replied. Another kid said "A big ball fell off a building!" "What does it mean when the ball drops" asked the presidency member... "It breaks" replied the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious! I was not expecting that despite the title of your post. It made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Primary! It is the best place to be! The kids say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete