Friday, July 24, 2009

The Sweetened Condensed Version of Our LIves

I hate to view my blog as an on-line journal. And you've probably noticed, I'm not very good at keeping all y'all up to date on the things that are going on in our lives. But some major things have happened that need to go on this blog, so let me give you an update of the things that have happened in the past two and a half months. It's been busy.

For starters, we moved to Bountiful and bought a house. I don't have a picture of our house yet. And I'm too lazy to go take one right now. Sorry. But it's a cute little starter home about 2 minutes away from where Don works. It has wonderful popcorn ceilings and retro wall paper. Both of which are coming down!

A week after moving into the house we got a dog. Her name is Lady, and she's part boxer, part lab. Which apparently is called a Boxador. I like Loxer better. She loves to play fetch with her bright pink ball.


About a week after that Adelei was born. This is actually her at 3 weeks. My little vanilla bean. She makes me happy. Yesterday she rolled from her stomach to back, and peed on my pants through her diaper. She also smiles and coos everyday now. Sometimes, if she's really happy, she'll squeal.



















A month after that Ashley, my little sis, was married on June 22nd, to Cody Robert Webb.





















And since then we've had a series of family reunions (one on the fourth, the other was with Don's family last weekend).
This is our first candid family photo. Adelei's fussing, and I'm not looking at the camera. Here's to keeping it real.



















Oh, and I also chopped a foot off my hair. Do I miss it? Surprisingly, not really. It's easier to take care of, I actually do it more, and it doesn't get tangled in Addie's little hands. Short hair is kind-of liberating. I've also had a career change from Civil Engineer to stay at home mommy.

Okay, now that you're all up to date, now I get to do the fun part. Here are some pictures I've taken over the last little while that make me happy, and a video at the end with my darling nieces and nephew taken on the fourth that I just have to share.



So, my life is pretty sweet right now. Especially with Adelei in it.

4 comments:

  1. Your little one is, as I've said before, adorable! I'm so happy for you guys. I love all the pics, especially your family one :) Thanks for the update. Good luck with everything in B-town :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Erin! Thanks for the updates! I'm thinking I might just get inspired to write on my blog ... Facebook is so much easier ... You can update your status one sentence at a time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adelei is adorable and so is Lady. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful, I am glad you finally posted some pics jk. And I am so glad yall finally got a dog, you guys have been wanting one for a while.

    ReplyDelete