Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Meet Adelei







































I am completely and totally in love with my baby. When Don and I left the hospital, I grinned, and glancing back exclaimed, "Honey, we got the cutest one!!"
My beautiful Adelei was 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 in. long. She was born at 1:22 pm on May 27th with chubby checks and huge eyes. She is the most beautiful thing in the whole world. And Don is just as in love with her as I am. When she was born, she had to briefly stay in the NICU due to the long length of the labor (18 hours, and all natural, I might add...and you wonder why it's taken me so long to post).
The night after she was born I woke up at around 3 am to find my husband had completely vanished. I couldn't imagine where he had gone, did he catch a late night movie?? I called to find that he was in the NICU, holding and feeding our baby girl. And that's how it's been ever since. Don was the first to discover that Adelei has a dimple in her chin. The first to have her fall asleep on his chest. He loves being a daddy.
And so, here's our little Adelei. Finally. We've all waited a long time to meet her.


9 comments:

  1. yay! finally pictures! now i can see her beautiful face every day! she's perfect. good job on this one, erin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both on your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you. There is nothing greater than a daughter. (I am sure if I ever have a son I will feel a little differently).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable! It was good to see you guys briefly at the reunion. Good luck with all that a new baby brings. You are already a fantastic mom as I've seen! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! She is beautiful! I am so glad you posted pictures. Very cute. I am planning on coming to visit you soon. Way to go all natural! Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks great! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a beautiful baby! Congrats you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It was very nice to see your post on my blog. I'd love to hear what you guys are up to, but doing it via blog is kind of hard. I know you are busy, but my email is jhraisor@gmail.com if you would like to update me about your life. I mean, I don't even know where you guys are living.
    Well, congratulations again, she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete