Friday, November 6, 2009

My Little Blossom-head Pixie

For Halloween Adelei was a fairy. I got ambitious and decided to make her costume. I haven't sewn anything serious ever since I got married. Don was a little surprised at my skills. He watched me at the sewing machine, scratched his head, and asked,
"If you can sew, then why do I have a bunch of pants with holes in them that I never wear?"
"Because you didn't ask."
I'm pretty proud of how her costume turned out. It took a while, but it was worth it to see it on her. It's so fun to have a little girl to dress up.



Don dressed up, too. For the first time he wasn't a cowboy. This year he was a...


Jamaican. I think he secretly wants dreads.
Four years of marriage, and this man still surprises me. Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. She is getting so big and adorable! Wow you do have skills. Her costume is brillant! Way to go! I think Don really should have dreads-they suit him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Impressive sewing skills. Adelei's costume is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful!
    Donald cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. oh my. oh my goodness. i can't handle it, erin, i just can't! too much cute! (and i'm not talking about don...though the dreds are nice, sir). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Adorable little girl in an adorable costume!

    ReplyDelete