Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are you kidding me??

I have something to complain about. I went to two different stores the other day and both had their Christmas decorations out...it's early September, you ugly-little-money-grabbing-commercialized-store-mongers!!! (Try and say that five times fast. I dare you.) You ought to be horsewhipped. I know the economy sucks, but honestly...stop rushing the season. There are still at least two major holidays to go!
Which leads me to a question...why doesn't anyone celebrate fall anymore? Not Halloween. I'm talking fall, people. You know...bountiful harvest? I think that it was one of the most celebrated times through most of mankind's history and now it's not even noticed. Too lowly and unimportant to be noticed. So sad.
I'd get on my soap box and go off on how the human race is no longer close to the earth and how it's made us loose touch with our humanity, but it would sound a little too tree hugging/hippy child for my taste. Which I'm not. But really, it just might add a little bit of balance to our fast paced consumer society if we all slowed down, and took a deep breath of the approaching autumn air.



















*photo courtesy of wikimedia.org, and yes, there will be more posts of Adelei. Just had to vent, I feel so much better.

2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY know what you mean! Halloween is my favorite holiday and it seems to get lost in the shuffle of green and red fru fru stuff!!! Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I love the fall. I hate that it isn't enjoyed. So, I just enjoy it by myself and let everyone worry about their Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete